Monday, August 01, 2005

Bitten by the Big Apple... and Loving It

New York City! The lights, the glitz, the glamour..... I just didn't think it was for me. I am in New York City, staying with Christian for the week and working from the offices here. Christian has found a great little apartment (and yes, its little, but not closet-small, like I feared it might be) that is right in the heart of Chelsea, so its a really good spot. I had spent a lot of time here over the years, esp when Christian's sister lived here, so we had a free place to stay and could fly here via US Airways Shuttle for free. I always enjoyed the visits, but was anxious to get back to Washington when we would leave. When I first got here last week, the energy that I usually feel when I come to NYC wasn't present, and I thought to myself, well, I guess I've finally become a good California boy.

But not so fast. After a fun few days filled with fabulous shopping (thanks for the cool new outfit CH!), cool bars (warning to those boys coming here-- sadly, xl is on its way out, but Secret is a groovy new place...), delicious cupcakes from a local bakery (Billy's Bakery at 9th and 21st RULES), Broadway shows (please do yourself a favor-- SEE 'Avenue Q' and SKIP 'Fiddler on a Roof'), Lazer Tag (dont ask), a run down the Hudson river, and most importantly, breatheable weather, I am hooked on the city. It's really exciting, actually, because when we hatched this plan for me to come stay with Christian for a week, I thought i would be a great way to try New York on for a week without the commitment of actually moving here. And who doesn't love commitment-free affairs?

So my affair with the city will continue. I can't imagine San Francisco will think I'm cheating.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry Ttodd - San Francisco isn't a possessive city. She certainly has enough on her plate and besides, Ben lives in Palo Alto, so SF doesn't really know BJB that well anyway. :) KIDDING! You better not move bitch!

Have a great time while you are there, but remember you belong here. :)

Anonymous said...

Guess you got called on the carpet for those Big Apple thoughts. Well, I for one am probably finally over NYC. I can live without all that attitude! Glad I had the opportunity ti vsit with the two of you during our l-o-n-g limo ride!
And I like having all of the "children" on one coast!!!!